s

340 meters per second

Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.

&mdash Alfred Adler (1870-1937)

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Snowballing.

B's been ex utero for nine months now, and she hasn't wasted a moment: every day, I can practically feel the extra ounces accruing on her muscular frame. From her healthy (though, in hindsight, impossibly small) birth weight of 3.1 kg, she's ballooned to a powerful, sinewy 9.4 kg (and counting). Her musculature is developing before my eyes and I watch her features change seemingly on a daily basis -- though she retains her mother's expressive brow, generous giggle and prehensile toes.

B's growth was so rapid, her frame so delightfully chubby, that C used to joke about expressing 35% cream, and I think there's something to it. Breast milk is a freaking wonder food and I for one am distressed that no equivalent substitute exists for adults. Antibacterials, immunizing agents, complex proteins... magic. I gotta get me some of that.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:40 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey. Good to read you again.
    Best to you and C and B.

    J.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home