s

340 meters per second

Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.

&mdash Alfred Adler (1870-1937)

Monday, May 28, 2007

That funky little monkey with the tiniest ears.

I'm writing this while slowly rocking back and forth, rhythmically shifting my weight from one foot to another to soothe my ten-month-old daughter sleeping strapped to my chest. The laptop is braced against a small pile of diapers, I'm exchanging rapid-fire text messages with C via my cell and the iPod is in my left hand, soothing me with the third season of Scrubs. It's oddly comforting to know that I can still get my multitask on.


* * *

Speaking of the little prodigy, did I mention she's walking? No? Maybe I got distracted by her awesomeness: the aura of power she exudes oscillates somewhere between γ (Gamma rays) and HX (Hard X-rays) on the electromagnetic spectrum. It's too early to nail down the specifics, but this new "AB" (Awesome Berlynne) frequency is said to be blinding to the naked eye and indeed may permanently damage the cornea.

First steps at 34 weeks, power-walking from one end of the apartment to another at 40 weeks, whooping your ass at the free-throw line on her first birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home