s

340 meters per second

Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.

&mdash Alfred Adler (1870-1937)

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Work's nuts, so you get fluff.

Normally, C. and I watch creature features together: they're a (not entirely) guilty pleasure she's converted me to (we're saving Anacondas for a rainy day--that's the sequel, mind you, to the seminal 1997 original).

But something about Man-Thing made me decide to rent it while she was out of the country a couple weeks ago. For one thing, it looked bad even by the standards set by its genre and for another I was only interested in it because it's based on a comic-book license and I make a point of seeing anything that's based on a comic book. Call it a hobby, call it masochism. Potato/potahto.

My instincts were right: it's crap. To clarify: with Anaconda as its yardstick, it's a steaming fecal disaster. 'Nuff said.

* * *

Pacanukeha reminded me about the Political Compass and I think you should give it a shot. Granted, it's more of a toy than anything else, but it at least it busts down the old left/right binary a bit, which is always a good thing. Prediction: you'll probably place in the lower-left quadrant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home