s

340 meters per second

Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.

&mdash Alfred Adler (1870-1937)

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Talk more, say less.


I'm continuing the process of editing & posting the 'draft' posts I wrote over the previous ten days. Slowly but surely, I'm catching up to the present day...

* * *

I've been alone for five days and I can't decide which is worse: being awake or trying to sleep. I'm bored when I'm awake; 'sleeping' consists of making slow, restless laps around the bed, struggling to find the least uncomfortable position in which to lay semi-conscious until the alarm wrenches me into another day.

* * *

Interesting article on CNN's site about the emergence of a new wireless communications technology called 'WiMax' (Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access). While not exactly living up to the hype, it does promise to open up some amazing avenues for future development:
Supporters say WiMax would complement and not compete with existing technologies such as Wi-Fi, the wireless networking technology now available through countless hotspots in parks, coffee shops, airports and other locales around the world.

While Wi-Fi typically provide local network access for around a few hundred feet with speeds of up to 54 megabits per second, a single WiMax antenna is expected to have a range of up to 40 miles with speeds of 70 megabits per second or more.

The entire artcile may be found here (will launch a new browser window).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home