s

340 meters per second

Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.

&mdash Alfred Adler (1870-1937)

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Running to stand still.


Hey there, welcome back. Although this post is dated August 25th, I'm actually uploading it September 6th. See, between travelling and work and everything else, I've been scribbling down these half-started ("draft") posts but not getting around to posting them. Some people in my local blogging community have urged me to just cut my losses and accept that there'll be a ten-day gap in my posts, but I won't. I like the unbroken continuity of daily posts and besides, I have something of absolutely critical importance to say each and every goddamn day.

In any case, I'll be playing catch-up for the next little while, posting two or three days every day, if that makes any sense. If it doesn't, just stick around and you'll see what I mean.

* * *

Bachelorhood is for the fucking birds. Barely on my own for twenty-four hours and already the lustre is kind of off everything. With any luck my baby'll be back this weekend, but it may be a week and a half, so if the tone of this space becomes increasingly despondent... well, take a hike and come back around Labour Day.

I draw some consolation from the memory of the drive yesterday: although my co-workers wince when they hear about it, the truth is that had a great time. I mean, I was exhausted when I got in but the reality is that a) I like road trips; b) the weather was grand and the 401 looks good in the sun and c) the first half was an eight-and-a-half hour date with my baby. For that last reason alone, the trip was worth it: we talked, joked around, sang along with 'Bob FM' between Cornwall and Kingston (actual station ID: "seventies, eighties, nineties and whatever") and generally had a wonderful time together.

* * *

Today's Thursday, which means soccer, which reminds me that I actually have some photos of the game (and SoccerDog!) to post. I'll try & do that tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home