s

340 meters per second

Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.

&mdash Alfred Adler (1870-1937)

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Beautiful people get hurt too.


Still craving rewards for our hard work, Steenblogen and I went to see Mr. & Mrs. Smith a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure how to review a movie that's so accurately portrayed in the trailers: if you've seen one commercial for this film, you know pretty much exactly what you're going to get. They're beautiful, they're ninjas, the body count is high and the gadgets are nifty.

In the words of the bombastic Zack Werner, it is what it is. I can't really think of a better piece of summer fluff from this year, though I was disappointed by the ending. I'm also getting a bit tired of Brad & Ang; they're just too... well, too archetypal. Like I suggested in my review of Oceans' 12, there is such a thing as too charming.

* * *

Grad School Avenger spins a good yarn today, I suggest you check it out. I was lucky enough to hear the tale in person, but it doesn't lose anything in the transference to text. A new window will launch if you click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home