s

340 meters per second

Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.

&mdash Alfred Adler (1870-1937)

Friday, May 05, 2006

Grab bag.


The chain reaction of "fetus kicking -> C waking up six times a night -> me waking up three times a night" has wreaked havoc with my energy levels and turned me into a morning person against my will. It's like, if I'm wide awake at 5:00 anyway, I may as well do a couple loads of laundry and mop the kitchen.

* * *

Seduced by a deceptively beautiful trailer, I suggested we rent Zu Warriors a couple of weeks ago. Big mistake; we got about fifteen minutes in before looking at each other and going, "ummm... no." With special effects on par with Power Rangers and an utterly nonsensical plot, this flick really doesn't have anything going for it.

* * *

I'm totally not a hockey buff, but a friend insisted I watch an Alexander Ovechkin highlight reel the other day and I was floored: the degree of athleticism and professional skill this kid's got is just sick. An incredibly graceful skater with insane puckhandling skills who hits like a ton of bricks... what's not to love?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home