s

340 meters per second

Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.

&mdash Alfred Adler (1870-1937)

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Keep the lid on.

If anyone else has seen Jarhead, can you explain it to me? Rather, explain why it was necessary to produce an un-ironic rehash of every two-bit war flick released in the last 25 years?

I don't get it, I really don't: this paper-thin melodrama offers no new insight into war, its purveyors, victims or profiteers; there's no "seat of your pants" battle scenes; no oily fetishization of the toys for the techheads... really, why did anyone bother showing up on set?

I didn't dislike the movie &mdash Gyllenhall and Peter Sarsgaard are both pretty good &mdash I just really didn't get it: we've all seen this movie already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home