s

340 meters per second

Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.

&mdash Alfred Adler (1870-1937)

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Darkness Falls... Flat

In the woefully mediocre Darkness, Anna Paquin does her best "curious fawn" impression, sniffing around the edges of an increasingly-improbable "horror" (and I use the term loosely) "narrative" (actually, I'm using that term loosely, too).

I'm a big scaredy-cat when it comes to horror movies, but this flick just put me to sleep--literally. I dozed off about two-thirds of the way through and from what Candis told me, I didn't miss much. Paquin may not have the range of some of her contemporaries, but she's got the skills to bring a solid script to life. This is not a solid script. This is uneven, pedantic and totally unimaginative.

The only enjoyable element was the cinematography, which occasionally rose above the adequate and, for a moment, became beautiful. These moments are few and far between and so totally not worth the price of a rental.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home