s

340 meters per second

Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.

&mdash Alfred Adler (1870-1937)

Friday, February 03, 2006

Like, ew.


Every Tuesday I drive to Ottawa and spend the afternoon in Carleton University's library while C. gets down, professorial-style. She's done around 1730 and, in anticipation of an evening drive back home, I always grab a quadruplo at the campus Starbucks. Every week I'm left swearing blue oaths and wondering what in the name of the nine hells possesses people to consume the vile dreck this mercenary chain tries to pass off as espresso.

The bouquet is clumsy and ill-mannered, my tongue-tip recoils at the acrid, unpolished sonata and by the time I'm immersed in the experience I'm already bitterly regretting it. That shit is nasty.

Surely there must be a more palatable vector for the rejuvenating caffiene which sustains me on the drive home?

4 Comments:

  • At 1:38 p.m., Blogger I'm basically a warm-hearted creature. said…

    ummmm...it's called Bank and Hopewell...drive down Sunnyside and turn right on Bank. The Starbucks is on the corner. Enjoy. (why someone would purposefully suffer is beyond me:)

     
  • At 2:31 p.m., Blogger I'm basically a warm-hearted creature. said…

    oh...and if starbucks isn't your choice...there's a second cup pretty much right at the corner of bank and sunnyside itself. if you don't mind a wee bit of a detour (seeing as you would want to visit anyway...hint hint)...there's a bridge head just around the block from us...so many choices...once again...why choose ick more than once?

     
  • At 3:50 p.m., Blogger Labris said…

    If you can save me from the bilge-water they're selling there, I'll be eternally indebted. And happy. :-)

     
  • At 6:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dreck indeed for the sophisticated

     

Post a Comment

<< Home