s

340 meters per second

Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.

&mdash Alfred Adler (1870-1937)

Thursday, September 06, 2007

...but I know what I like.

If you've visited this space recently, you may have noticed major changes in the entire aesthetic; changes which have been &mdash for the moment &mdash rolled back in favour of the current, "classic" look. The long and short of it is that I currently have neither the time nor the inclination to grapple with a new site layout. Unlike Steenblogen, my HTML-fu isn't up to the task. Perhaps I'll try again.

* * *

Speaking of Steenblogen, she forwarded me a fascinating Washington Post article which brilliantly illustrates the importance of context when consuming, digesting and appreciating art. "Pearls Before Breakfast" is a poetic deconstruction of "art appreciation", a gentle dismantling of a performer's complacency and a powerful criticism of our culture's relentless annexation of the individual's sense of play and higher aesthetic sensibilities.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home