s

340 meters per second

Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.

&mdash Alfred Adler (1870-1937)

Monday, February 13, 2006

It's buying in.


"You got peanut butter on my wiki!"

"No, your wiki's in my peanut butter!"

(in unison) "It's Peanut Butter wiki!"

I -- like all right-thinking people -- am enamoured of the wiki, conceptually. As a means of organizing data, I think it holds vast potential. That's why I was eager to try out Peanut Butter Wiki: a free, easy-to-use wiki with up to 10 Mb of online storage.

Before I continue lauding PBwiki, a caveat:


* * *

Start Disclaimer


Although the above statements regarding Peanut Butter wiki (and those that follow this disclaimer) reflect my honest assessment of the product, I am writing this in response to the following offer, sent to me by The PBwiki Team:

Here's how it works: Between now and February 15, 2006, we'll double your storage space if you write about PBwiki and link to http://www.pbwiki.com. This can be on a blog, an email newsletter, or anything else online. (Please don't spam anyone.)

(...)


please write honestly about what you use PBwiki for, and what you like and don't like. We are always improving PBwiki and want to get honest feedback from our users.

So, as you can see, I'm marketing this because there's something in it for me. However, I really do think PBwiki is pretty cool. Anyway...

End Disclaimer

* * *

Although I use PBwiki for entertainment purposes, it's got a hundred applications, like family genealogies, to-do lists, collaborative research projects, online novels, a FAQ for a homebrewed project, repository for a meticulously-organized media collection... the possibilities are endless.

Considering it's both free and ridiculously easy to use (they're not kidding when they say it takes seconds to get started), deciding whether or not to try it out should be a no-brainer. You've really got nothing to lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home