s

340 meters per second

Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.

&mdash Alfred Adler (1870-1937)

Monday, March 13, 2006

Jingle-jangle.


After four and a half hours sleep, I'm off to the airport for a six-hour direct flight to San Francisco. The anxiety's starting to set in: what if I completely fuck this up? Did I pack all the documentation I'll need on-site? Will I adjust to a complete immersion into work? I'll be living, eating and working alongside the same people for ten days -- people from whom I feel alienated and even, in some cases, repelled. Did I fax the right receipts to the client on Friday? Do I remember all of mental "notes to self" I've been making for the last three weeks? In yet another instance of having a blindingly obvious truth thrown in my face, it seems that professional obligations mean a little more when there's someone at home depending on you.

What if I completely fuck this up?

2 Comments:

  • At 12:13 a.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    You won't completely fuck this up. The fact that you're worried about fucking up at all should be proof enough of that. Besides, you are one of the most committed, organized, intelligent, resourceful and, perhaps most importantly, charming people I know. What could go wrong that you couldn't handle?

     
  • At 12:43 a.m., Blogger Candis said…

    hear hear!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home